Are you running your race in such a way to get the prize in all areas of your life or are you super focus on just one aspect of the race to the detriment of the other areas.
After completing my first 5k event, it was a tremendous feeling for me as I only thought of athletes being the ones eligible to run and complete these races. When I crossed the finish line, it was a powerful moment, one that I will never forget. It was a powerful moment because my health was never I race I consider as part of the goals for my life. It took discipline, patience, courage, perseverance and commitment to finish the race. As I thought about running all the races of my life, I recognized there were some specific questions I needed to honestly answer to ensure my life is a significant and successful race.
In that moment, I realized the importance of having clear goals for all areas of my life to win the races of life and that the prize of winning is even sweeter. The bigger picture is really who I become in the process of achieving my goals. It is easy to get stuck in the distractions and reactions to life and run the race halfheartedly.
Consider these 10 Questions to gain clarity on running your race well
- What does “winning” look like to you?
- Do you need a GPS for your life?
- Are are running your race in such a way as to get the prize. Whether at work, in your relationships, your finances, your personal development, your spirituality, your career, your health, your social life and your family?
- What is the prize you aiming for?
- Are there any races you are running “aimlessly” that you need to drop out of altogether or get clear about the prize you are seeking?
- What do you need to do consistently if you are to win?
- Why is it important to you and God?
- Who will you become in the process?
- What is the prize you most want to attain in this season of in your life?
- What do you need to do differently in order to win?