Over the last sixteen(16) years I have developed and sustained my love affair with collecting and reading books. I must admit, most of the time was spent purchasing and collecting books rather than reading them. Interestingly or not so interestingly, most of my books were around 3 particular genres, spiritual growth, personal development and business(big picture, strategy productivity, leadership, marketing and presentations) development.
The books that I have read in the past, have had a tremendous impact on my life, and for 2018, I will challenge myself to actually track the number of books I will actually read. I will also expand my genre of books to include graphic novels, biography, health and young adults. The right book at the right moment can give all of us a critical advantage.
I will be attempting a 24 book challenge this year, selecting my books from the expanded list presented below.
- She’s Still There by Chrystal Evans Hurst
- The Resolution for Women by Pricilla Shirer
- S.H.A.P.E. by Erik Rees
- Only You Can Be You by Erik Rees
- Blessing or Curse, You Can Chose by Derek Prince
- Uninvited by Lysa Terkerst
- Over Easy by Mimi Pond
- Successful Women Speak Differently by Valorie Burton
- Braving the Wilderness by Brene Brown
- Best Year Ever by Micheal Hyatt
- Do Over by Jon Acuff
- Finding Your Element by Ken Robinson
Books to shift how I think about approaching my start up business.
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
- The Magic of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz
- StrengthsFinder 2.0 by Tom Rath
When we are developing a business, it’s easy to forget about working on the business.
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber
- Focus by Al Ries
- Insanely Simple by Ken Segall
- Poke the Box by Seth Godin
Personal and professional achievement are high values for me. That’s why I read a lot on the topic of productivity.
- Essentialism by Greg McKeown
- The One Thing by Gary Keller
- The Power of Full Engagement by Jim Loehr
- Finish by Jon Acuff
As a life coach and the leader of a start up business, leadership is more than a concept; it has to become my everyday experience.
- Christian Coaching:Helping Others Turn Potential into Reality by Gary Collins
- Lean In: Women, work and the will to lead by Neil Scoveil & Sherly Sandberg
- Grit by Angela Duckworth
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl
- 5 Levels of Leadership by John Maxwell
- Start with Why by Simon Sinek
- Visioneering by Andy Stanley
- High Performance Habits by Brendan Burchard
Developing a deep understanding of marketing concepts and keeping ahead of trends is critical to the success of any business in today’s environment.
- Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind by Al Ries and Jack Trout
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert B. Cialdini
- Permission Marketing by Seth Godin
- Building A Story Brand Donald Miller
- Tribes by Seth Godin
Developing my presentation and public speaking skills are critical to the success of any business.
- Talk Like TED by Carmine Gallo
Relationships/Love & Marriage
- The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman
- Option B: Facing Adversity, Building Resilience and Finding Joy by Sheryl Sandberg
- Martin Luther King Jr by Richard Reddie
- Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
- Biography of Maya Angelou by Tejvan Pettinger
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
- Wake Up and Live by Kamila McDonald
Have you ever done a book challenge and do you believe reading is critical to you becoming significant person?